How to Take BALVERSA®
Finding the right dose for you
Your doctor will start you on an 8-mg (two 4-mg tablets) dose of BALVERSA® once a day.
Tips for taking BALVERSA®
Take BALVERSA® exactly as your doctor prescribes. Don’t change your dose or stop taking BALVERSA® without consulting your doctor.
- Take BALVERSA® once a day, every day
- Swallow the tablets whole
You can take BALVERSA®
with or without food
- If you forget a dose of BALVERSA® take it as soon as possible on the same day. Then take your regular dose of BALVERSA® at your usual time the next day. Extra tablets should not be taken to make up for the missed dose
- If you vomit, don’t take another dose until the next day. If you take too much BALVERSA®, call your doctor immediately
- After 14-21 days, your doctor will test your blood to check your phosphate levels. Then, based on your phosphate levels and any side effects you may have, your doctor may change your dose. This is to help you get the best results from BALVERSA®
- Don’t be discouraged if your doctor changes your dose. Dosing of BALVERSA® is tailored to the individual
- Over the course of your therapy, your doctor will perform other tests and evaluations and adjust your dose if needed
- Your doctor may change your dose, temporarily stop, or completely stop treatment if you get certain side effects
Before taking BALVERSA®
Before taking BALVERSA®, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have vision or eye problems.
are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. BALVERSA® can harm your unborn baby. You should not become pregnant during treatment with BALVERSA®.
Females who can become pregnant:
Males with female partners who can become pregnant:
- Your healthcare provider may do a pregnancy test before you start treatment with BALVERSA®.
- You should use effective birth control during treatment and for 1 month after the last dose of BALVERSA®. Talk to your healthcare provider about birth control methods that may be right for you.
- Tell your healthcare provider right away if you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- You should use effective birth control when sexually active during treatment with BALVERSA® and for 1 month after the last dose.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Do not breastfeed during treatment and for 1 month after the last dose of BALVERSA®.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Get information about